Zircon refractory brick for sale is also known as zirconia brick, it is made from stable calcined zircon. High temperature performance of zircon bricks are very good, their melting point of zircon brick is as high as 2700℃ and they also have good corrosion resistance. Zircon bricks are mainly used as lining refractory of glass furance, such as working ends and feeder channels in melting tanks. Zircon refractory bricks can also serves as separation layer between silica and fusion cast materials in order to prevent contact reactions. Zirconia based bricks include zirconia corundum brick, zirconia mullite brick, zirconia bubble brick, zirconia chrome corundum brick, etc.
Zircon Brick Characteristics
- Excellent mechanical strength.
- High bulk density.
- Thermal shock stability.
- Good resistance to corrosion.
- High refractoriness under load.
Zircon Fire Brick Parameters
|Apparent Porosity (%) ≤||21||20||21||18||19|
|Bulk Density ≥||3.1||3.3||3.5||3.75||1.45|
|Cold Crushing Strength (MPa) ≥||200||200||200||200||200|
|0.2 MPa Refractoriness Under Load ≥ °C||1500||1550||1600||1680||1680|
Zircon Fire Brick Applications
- Glass contact parts of alkali free or low-alkali glass melting furnace.
- Soda-lime glass kiln as neutral brick, skew brick.
- Paving and sub paving, channel blocks, sidewall of glass fiber furnace and floating glass tanks.
- Upper area of flame space or frequent thermal shock region, lining of alkali-free or low-alkali glass, sodium-calcium glass, boron-silicate glass, ceramic glass, lead glass, and other glass melting furnace.
- Transition region between upper roof silica brick and fused zirconia-corundum brick or fused zirconia-mullite brick.
- Transition region between silica brick and magnesia brick, crown, burner, thermal couple, peep hole, etc.